Our broad and balanced curriculum seeks to develop knowledge, skills attitudes necessary for life as a responsible citizen in the 2lst Century. Our curriculum provides opportunities for all pupils to learn and to achieve, irrespective of social background, culture, race, gender, differences in ability and needs. Pupils are encouraged to think creatively and critically and to respect others and the environments in which they live. We place an emphasis on spiritual, moral, social and cultural development across our curriculum, which promotes the fundamental British values of respect, tolerance democracy individual liberty and the Rule of Law.
Children are taught in mixed ability classes with class teachers responsible for planning, delivering and assessing the planned curriculum.
Our school values of respect, courage, growth,passion and togetherness permeate our school curriculum.
Our vison is that every pupil:
- respects themselves, others and the environment
- embraces challenge within our safe and nurturing setting
- grows and thrives in our school community
- becomes a thoughtful and responsible young person
- works hard and strives to fulfill their potential
- acquires a love of learning, a joy for life and spiritual wellbeing
As a school we recognise that our aims and values can only be achieved through parents, children, staff and governors working together.
In order to strengthen the partnership between home and school, we regularly invite parents to attend workshops and open lessons so that they have a better understanding of the curriculum we offer and are able to support pupils at home. Please refer to the 'Parents' tab for the contents of these workshops.
Parents are formally invited to meet with the class teacher twice a year to discuss their child’s progress. In addition to the End of Year report, an end of term report is sent home at the end of the Autumn and Spring terms so that parents are kept informed of their child's progress.
- Yr 3 Curriculum Overview 2021 2022
- Yr 4 Curriculum Overview 2021 2022
- Yr 5 Curriculum Overview 2021 2022
- Yr 6 Curriculum Overview 2021 2022