Maths Homework at Squirrels Heath
At Squirrels Heath, we provide a selection of homework activities that reinforce key mathematical concepts.
- Times Tables Practice booklet – 1 sheet per week, with an allocated times tables focus
- 1 written Maths activity in the homework book, linked to the Maths topic of the week
- A Sumdog contest online to practise key skills, tailored to individual progress and judged by accuracy
- A Sumdog challenge or assessment linked to the Maths topic of the week
We recognise that pupils complete their homework at different times and on different days, and so we enable children to complete their work either over the weekend or on particular weekdays to keep their weekend free. We also offer homework club to provide additional support where possible. Homework is handed out each Friday, and must be completed by the following Wednesday.
If you have any queries or questions regarding your child’s homework, please contact the school office.
Literacy Homework at Squirrels Heath
The school has an expectation that all children -
- Read, at home, at least three times a week. Parents must then sign the child’s Homework Diary and this is also then recorded in school.
- Learn a set of spellings, to be tested, at the end of the week.
- Complete a piece of written homework - this could be a piece of grammar related to the lesson taught in school that week, or a written piece related to the Topic being covered.
Homework will be set on Friday, with the expectation that it is handed in by the following Wednesday. All work will be set using the Google Classroom and the child is requested to upload their completed homework for the teacher to respond to online.